Crowns, Bridges, Esthetic Temporaries
Here at White Crown Dental we take care of all your crown and bridge needs.
Our doctor is very knowledgeable in the different types of dental materials and crown restorations. Rest assured that we will answer all your questions and will guide you throughout the process. We use the highest quality materials and are capable of matching your crown color for all your needs.
When Do I Need a Crown/Bridge?
- If you have a cavity that it too large for a filling
- If you have a missing tooth
- If you need to cover a dental implant (Using CAD-CAM Temporary)
- If you have a cracked tooth and is worn down or otherwise weakened
- If you have a root canal treated tooth and need to protect it from fracture
At your appointment we will discuss the different types of crowns that can be made and the best recommendations for your tooth will be made. Also you may need an Inlay/Onlay instead of a crown. These are like ¾ crown one-piece ceramic tooth replacement made by the lab. They cement into the area missing of the tooth and replicate the look of your original tooth. Inaly/Onlay are on diagnosed on a case-by-case basis and not everyone qualifies.
Also for large cases, we have the technology to fabricate a CAD-CAM temporary**
What is CAD-Cam?
It is a temporary crown/bridge that is made by a computer in a lab. It is a modern temporary technology that is made for prolonged use while the gums heal or when necessary. By Using CAD-CAM technology we can obtain predictable results while maintaining both esthetics and function.
While services you receive may vary, some things you should keep in mind while getting a crown/bridge:
- Put your mind at ease. We are here for you.
- We will start by taking an initial mold of the tooth/teeth being worked on
- After the anesthetic has taken effect we will begin to prepare the tooth. This process is very straight forward and you will be comfortable throughout the procedure
- After the tooth is ready, we will take a final mold to send to the lab*
- We will make a chairside temporary crown for the tooth at the same appointment and cement it with temporary cement.
- Immediately after your appointment will schedule a follow up appointment for the final cementation of your crown/bridge.
What Next: While we are waiting for the crown/bridge to return from the lab there are several things to remember:
- Follow the post-op instructions given to you after your appointment. It will have a list of Do’s, Dont’s and What If’s. FOLLOW THEM.
- Do not eat anything sticky, crunchy, sharp, or chewy on the side the temporary crown is on. If you take care of your crown, it will take care of you.
- When you floss in the area, put the floss in and do not pull it back up. Rather pull it through the bottom of the tooth. Our dental professionals will review this technique with you at your appointment.
- If your temporary crown comes off, which may occur with a temporary crown, do not panic. Call (833) 377-6265 and someone will be able to assist you within a timely manner
- For those who do not have access to a phone, you can also go to a local convenience store and pick up some temporary cement.
*for an additional cost we can expedite the fabrication of the crown
** for an additional cost we can make a CAD-CAM temporary instead of a chairside temporary